Hello 9-12 Grade CUSF Finalist!
Thank you for your patience as we have navigated this unique situation with COVID-19. Please note, each individual and team (please submit one per team) will need to complete THIS FORM by 5pm, Monday, March 23 for judging.
The form will require the following:
· A high-resolution picture of your display board. This can be an image you take of your board or a file that you sent to a printer, to print your board in large format.
· Project Summary/Research Plan (this should have been completed as part of your paperwork you turned in to the district) It should include the following:
1. RATIONALE: Include a brief synopsis of the background that supports your research problem and explain why this research is important and if applicable, explain any societal impact of your research.
2. RESEARCH QUESTION(S), HYPOTHESIS(ES), ENGINEERING GOAL(S), EXPECTED OUTCOMES: How is this based on the rationale described above.
3. Describe the following in detail:
a. Procedures: Detail all procedures and experimental design including methods for data collection. Describe only your project. Do not include work done by mentor or others.
b. Risk and Safety: Identify any potential risks and safety precautions needed.
c. Data Analysis: Describe the procedures you will use to analyze the data/results.
4. BIBLIOGRAPHY: List major references (e.g. science journal articles, books, internet sites) from your literature review. If you plan to use vertebrate animals, one of these references must be an animal care reference
Prizes, awards, and scholarships, will be determined using the following judging process:
First round of judging:
· Judges will:
o review the display board/poster (upload on new form)
o read uploaded abstracts (already submitted)
o read project the summary/research plan you submit (upload on new form)
o score each project for the first round of judging
Second round of judging: (students will be informed March 27)
· High scoring students will then be invited to set up a Zoom online interview to talk to a judge or group of judges for an additional live interview session. The judges will set a final score and we will announce all winners online.
· As usual, we will select the top 4 projects as ISEF finalists. Please indicate when you upload your display board photo if you are prepared, with parent approval, to travel to Anaheim, California, May 10-15. It is unknown at this point if ISEF will be held due to COVID-19, but their latest communication states that they have not changed the dates. All event costs are covered by the fair. By checking the box, “Consider this project for ISEF” it is equivalent to a promise that if selected, you will attend ISEF. TEAMS, please discuss this before your team captain completes the form, ALL team members must attend if selected.